We honestly thought we would lose her on Friday or Saturday, but she's still with us. But she's not getting better. She hasn't wanted to eat anything for days, and she drinks less and less-- and fights the dropper with fury, just like every other sick animal we've had who really needed it. :(
We've prepared the kids, and I've been looking at in-home euthanasia and pet cremation services. Poor thing... We thought we would have her longer (it's only been 5 years-- we got her when she was about 4), but she came to us with FIV and kidney issues, so maybe this is already longer than could be hoped?
I wish her Boy were home, but he's not due back until Tuesday night, and that's too long for her to wait.
*Sigh* This part is always so, so hard. :(