Santa Cruz was great-- beautiful weather, only a little chilly (which didn't stop the kids from going in the ocean again and again). Christopher was really sick the day we went and didn't even go to the beach, which was sad. He loves the beach. Looks like he got the same thing Lauren had a week earlier which we'd thought for awhile might be strep throat due to the pain and level of misery. He had fun the other two days, and Lauren loved the trip to pieces (except the hotel's false-advertising of "pool" which in fact is a spa, and that's the second time I've fallen for it. Gah!). Gorgeous area.
We were back in time for Easter (as we are every year, at least until the kids outgrow the Easter Bunny). The wonderful gatheringlight gave me some LJ Easter eggs for the occasion-- thank you! *big hugs and shared chocolate* And then there was lots of unpacking and yardwork. :0
I was tagged for a meme by boogirl13, so here goes:
The Twenty Questions Answered Meme:
1. You've just died. What happens?
Well, not much for me. But sadness on the part of family and friends. :(
2. What is your most guilty pleasure?
Brothercest-- Supernatural or Prison Break. It's not a big secret to LJ people, but a total secret in my RL world. Heck, the m/m slash love is pretty much a secret in RL too. Now, the problem with chocolate on the other hand...
3. Favorite childhood cartoon?
The Loony Tunes ones with guest stars, e.g. Pepe Le Pew vs. the paint-adorned cat, or the little penguin who cries ice cubes.
4. What goes on your hotdog?
Ketchup, mustard and sweet relish. Mmmmm...
5. What was the last movie you saw, for pleasure, and would you recommend it?
Since I don't review movies anymore, ALL my movies are intended as pleasure (whether they wind up that way is another story). It was "Becoming Jane," and sure-- I'd recommend it. I was not too enthralled with the James McAvoy character, though (opinions on him differ).
6. On balance, are you happy with your life as it is, would you change it a little or change it a lot?
I'm sort of happy with it as it is. I was much happier with it about 2 years ago, but I can't fix my husband's depression problem or the impact it's having on our current life and the future. That's the one thing I wish I could change. Or winning the lottery, in which case the financials/employment would vanish as issues and we'd worry less about the future.
7. What's the one possession you USED TO have, but don't anymore and wish you did? What happened to it?
Haha. My "Which Witch" board game that I foolishly sold at a garage sale in college, thinking such a cool game would be around forever and I'd be able to buy another one later if I wanted to. Boy, was I ever wrong.
8. You (as you are now, not a fictionalized you) are a FC in an episode of SPN. What's your role?
The beleagured office worker who cannot BELIEVE that Howard Benson would ever do that to his wife! With the teeth marks and everything! :0
9. Name one person for whom you'd definitely take a bullet, and one for whom you definitely wouldn't.
I’d take a bullet for my husband, but not for Dubya (whether literally or militarily).
10. Worst case scenario?
Zombie or other MOTW and my Legs.Cannot.Run., just like in those recurring dreams I have (where I'm crawling to get away from something. Totally hate those dreams!).
11. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
Two beautiful children!
12. What's your greatest frustration?
Being trapped between my dead metabolism and the hypoglycemia that makes me hungry all the time, and trying to lose weight in the middle of it. Gah.
13. For you only, not as a broad political statement: life imprisonment or death sentence?
Death sentence. The waiting'll kill you.
14. Jury duty. Ever done it? What was it like? Wanna do it? Thoughts at all?
Got called up once, and dumped off a panel for something prejudicial I overheard in the elevator. I'd rather NOT do it, because it'll be a timewaster for me. With the lawyer husband and the psychiatrist parents, no-one will put me on a jury. But I'll still get called in and waste a lot of time before getting removed from one panel after another...
15. You discover you've been drafted into military service (to a country to which you hold a citizenship). What do you do?
Move to Canada. I live in the U.S., where the draft can actually occur. And which I believe fundamentally violates the U.S. Constitution. :(
16. Which fictional character could you most see yourself marrying?
Atticus Finch. Actually, in many ways I DID marry him for reals. ;)
17. Describe the flag design of your personal utopia.
Jensen and Jared kissing with utter romance and happiness.
18. Do you have a motto? If yes which one?
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
19. What's in your pocket right now? Conversely, if you have no pocket, what are the three items closest to your right hand, excluding computer hardware?
Nothing in my pocket. Next to me are an empty mug, my Wincon flashlight (!), and a stack of CDs whose lyrics I have to approve before my son can listen to them. :0
20. What place most speaks to you?
The Pacific Ocean, in the more Northern (Oregon-like) settings where the waves are larger and rougher and just keep on cascading in. It's hypnotic.
"Rules" (They're more like guidelines...)
Here's the deal: People who have been tagged post their answers and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves. Tag 8 people. Those who are tagged cannot refuse (Yeah, right. Refuse away, gang). These 8 people must state who they were tagged by. You cannot tag the person who tagged you.
I tag anyone who wants to play! And poke me with your answers if you do. :)