Writer's Meme: Sometimes it's ok to pimp yourself out. Post a list of your top five fics favorite you've written, regardless of fandom or the reason you love them. This isn't about the BEST things you've written, but what you LOVE most. Then tag five other people to do the same.
1. The Flow of Darkness (SPN, Slash)—This was the first large Slash chapter-fic I wrote by design, and I still very much like the "mood" to it. maygra and sorrelchestnut helped when I struggled with the ending, and kept me from going off onto the wrong track and/or blunting the finish.
2. Whispers From The Edge Of Sleep (SPN, Gen)—This is a series of five dreams Sam has, all of which incorporate his relationship with Dean from different angles: straightforward, sideways surrealism (the infamous "jello dream"), in reverse, as parent-child, and mythological abstraction. It is still near and dear to my heart, mainly because of the "Moonchild" dream, in which Dean is Sam's son. That smaller story is a metaphor for the changes Dean went through as a child, seemingly never considered by Sam. The melancholy of that one stays with me.
3. Shattered (SPN, Slash)—This very dark, non-con, angsty Slash story is one of my best. The struggle to write it was incredible, both because of the darkness and because of needing to give in to how that story fits into canon rather than letting my love for happy endings change it into something that it was not destined to be.
4. Such a toss-up, between We Were Soldiers Once and the Dean-centric angst piece, Down That Lonesome Road (both SPN, Gen). I'll go with We Were Soldiers Once, though, because I like the language of it so much and the meaning behind it. This piece is more of a poetic ode to the Winchester boys, though not goopy as you'd expect, but more as if written about them from a distance of 100 years forward. As if they were warriors being revisited in literature. It either works for readers or it doesn't, but it's still very near and dear to my heart. Unlike anything else I've ever written, in either fandom.
5. Like A Kid In A Candy Store (Prison Break, Gen). I've written so much in this fandom, Gen and Slash both, and so many characters. But if I had to pick, this is my current favorite (aside from my Crack-love for "Penguin Break"). It's a post-escape AU, with brotherly bonding, light-hearted moments, humor, and those little twinges of angst that remind us of the permanent results of so many difficult choices. I have so many great individual stories for both Lincoln and Michael, but this one features the two of them together and it has such a nice flavor to it.
So, that's it for my stories.
Now, it's time to think about your own. I'm trying to think if anyone on my f-list hasn't been tagged for this yet. Um… pamalax, plutogirl10, witchofthedogs, mooyoo, and kiraboshi. Have at it! ;)